Hair Care Tips
Hair of America Hair Care Instructions
- Wash your hair weekly with a mild shampoo starting with the scalp down to the hair edges. Work slowly so that you do not tangle the hair extensions.
- Wash the hair gently in a downward motion with your palms, do not scrub or bunch the hair together as this will cause open cuticles to rub against each other causing friction.
- After washing use a light conditioner to keep the hair extensions smooth and silky. It is best to do a deep conditioning at least once a month. For coloured extension do a deep conditioning treatment every two weeks so that the extensions are smooth and silky.
- Ensure that you rinse out the shampoo and conditioner thoroughly so that there is no product build-up which will negatively impact your scalp.
- Do not rub but rather pat dry. Frequent heat will destroy virgin Brazilian hair extensions.
- Tools that you will need for combing hair extensions, are a wide toothed comb or a weave brush to carefully comb and style your hair extensions. Work slowly from section to section to avoid tugging or pulling which may lead to breakage.
- If the extensions or your scalp is dry, apply a light oil or moisturize your scalp as you comb it out.
- For long lasting hair extensions, moisturize your hair as you do your skin, it makes perfect sense.